Thursday, March 13, 2008

What Ethan's Doing Now

Ethan is almost 12 months old. It almost pains me to say that - he can't be a year old already! Anyway, I have to get over it! He was a late crawler, so he's not walking or even taking steps yet. As busy as he is crawling, I am just fine with him not walking right now! He started doing the "Army crawl" around 10months and has now been up on his knees for about a month and boy is fast! He loves water!! I have to set up barriors to keep him out of the dog bowls and we must keep the toilet lids down too! He's always right next to me when I'm getting his bath ready and can't wait to get in. He's pulling himself up now but not really opening cupboards and drawers...yet. He also just LOVES music. All of his toys that play music, he turns on and then sits up and rocks back and forth with a huge grin on his face. I think it's the cutest thing I've ever seen! He's also starting to point and say "eh, eh" he usually only points at the lights right now though. He really enjoys eating too. His favorite foods are Gold Fish, Gerber Puffs, any fruit I put in front of him he double fists in his mouth, mac and cheese, Kraft Singles (this is another one he can't get in his mouth fast enough!), peas, Gerber meat sticks, spaghetti, bread, yogert, and jello. He also really enjoys sharing his food with Rocki and Daisi. He does this one for me, one for the dogs thing and throws his food down to them and then tries to lean over and watch them scramble for it! It's nice not having to worry about picking up everything he throws down though!

Well, we are planning his first birthday party on 3/22/08. I went back and forth on how big to make this party and I decided to go with just immediate family for cake and ice cream. He's not going to understand what's happening and I don't want to overwhelm him either. I'm sure every other birthday will make up for this being pretty low key anyway!! I'll be sure to post the pictures for everyone to enjoy though!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Wow, very nice and I love the name!
We are doing Jacob's birthday party tomorrow. I've pretty much always done just family, appetizers, cake and ice cream. My baby boy is turning 16 on Tuesday. Don't blink - time goes by way too fast.