Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Ethan!

Ethan turned 1 today!! I can't believe how fast this year has gone! I've been working on his scrapbook and looking at all of his pictures just amazes me how much he's changed. Last night, he fell asleep while I was nursing him and I just stared at him for a while. I must admit, I did shed a few tears too. He looks like a little boy now, where did my baby go? I miss it, but I'm also looking forward to him walking, talking, becoming more independent, taking him on fun vacations and all that good stuff to come! I am so blessed to have such a happy, healthy baby...er toddler! We thank God every day for him. I remember one of the first things that I said after he was born was Happy Birthday! I also said that now I really understand why Birthdays are so special. Not only was Ethan born, but a new Mommy, Daddy, two sets of Grandparents, and 2 new Uncles and Aunts were born that day too!

Grandpa Len came over today to celebrate Ethan's birthday by himself b/c his wife won't let him come to the party on Saturday. After 14 years of marriage, she apparently has a problem with him being in the same room as my mom. We all know that's not the REAL reason though, she's just jealous and STILL hasn't gotten over the fact that my dad had a life before her. It's really sad how someone can hold onto things after so many years. Unfortunately, the only one she's hurting is my dad, but I'm sure she know that too.

Sorry, I just had to vent a little. Divorce just sucks!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Happy Birthday, Ethan!

That was a pretty "ballsy" post!