Monday, October 6, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

This weekend we celebrated our 7th Anniversary in good 0l' Detroit (mostly b/c Derek was able to get Lions tickets to see the Bears). To be honest, I had never been there and now I see why. What a dirty, run-down city! It was sad how bad it is! We made the best of it though! We went to MGM on Sat and that place is beautiful! You'd never know that you weren't in Vegas inside, it was really nice. We ate a restaurant called Coach Insignia, which was in our hotel (we stayed at the Marriott which is in the Renaissance Center). The restaurant was on the 72nd floor and had a really awesome view of the city, the river and even Canada! The food was absolutely outstanding too! I highly recommend it. We found out that night the Bears team players were staying at our hotel too! Derek was really excited. I thought he was going to make me wait in the lobby for hopes of autograph though...he didn't! There were a bunch of kids hanging out with their dad's though, I can definitely see Derek and Ethan doing that some day! Shelly in her Bears wear (Ok, the jersey is Derek's!)
Derek in his Bears wear
AWWW Aren't we cute!
Here's the final score, (notice how many empty seats already! People started leaving when it was 30-0 in the 3rd quarter!). If you can't read it, it says Ditka = 300, Lions = 7 (Ha! Ha) I mean Bears 34 Lions 7! I think the stadium was pretty 50/50 Bears to Lions fans! It was pretty funny!

The 2 couples sitting around us were really nice (big Lions fans though...) The ladies made this sign based on an interview with Marinelli last week when he said to someone "what do you want me to do, wave a magic wand to make them win?!" So they made this sign and made brought their magic wands....too bad they didn't work! They were fun though, I was hoping we'd get on TV, but I don't think it worked!

Happy Anniversary Baby! I can't believe it's been 7 years since I said "I do" and became Mrs. Derek Eade! Thank you for a great weekend!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Hey Shelly! Looks like you both had a good time! So sad about Detriot!!! I am sure you are loving up on little man today! :)Wow, 13/14 years together, 7years of marriage! That is an accomplishment! So happy for you guys!