Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Busy Weekend...

Derek and I finally gave our yard some much needed TLC this weekend. Derek started cleaning the garage on Sat afternoon and I felt guilty in the house so I helped until Ethan woke up then he came out to help too! Well, in his own way. Like stomping through the dust pile, trying to play with Daddy's radio, picking grass and flowers from Mommy's garden...but it was fun to chase him/distract him with something else! The only bad thing was that the mosquito's were TERRIBLE! Ethan has 2 or 3 really huge bites - on his face of course! I sprayed him with bug spray, but I didn't spray his face, just my hands and then rubbed it on him...I guess I didn't do a very good job! They looked much worse on Sun after rubbing his face in the night! Oh well, if that's our only mishap, we did pretty good. Then on Sunday I was so inspired that I finally bought and electric hedge trimmer (we've always borrowed our neighbors in the past)! Since our bushes were so overgrown we were starting to loose our house! Well, maybe not that bad, but believe me - BAD! So bad that I did not take before and after pictures b/c it's too embarrassing! I will say that power tools....ROCK! I just hope that my little, a hem, haircuts don't stunt their comeback this spring!!! I'll let you know! Part of me almost wishes they would all die so I can start over... we really hate our 70's landscaping, but don't have the funds for a new yard right now! Anyway, we're both sore now from using a bunch of "flaccid" muscles!

This coming weekend Derek and I are going away to celebrate our anniversary (Oct 6)! I'm excited to get away! I can't believe it's been 7 years already! This year was really challenging for us, especially just learning how to be parents and to part with our selfish ways! I feel like we've really come full-circle now and I am closer to Derek now then I have ever been. We have an amazing bond and beautiful blessing that God has given us. I couldn't be happier!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Hey Shelly! Looks like you two-three were busy! It always feels good to get stuff done! I hear you about the bugs! Gav & Teague both had bites on their faces too- and I too put it on my fingers and then on their face! :)
Happy Anniversary- a little early! I hope you guys have a nice little get away! Have a glass of wine for me!