Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Labor Day

Okay, so I'm a little behind. We've been so busy that I just haven't taken the time to update my blog, but I do want to share my Labor Day. I had to work on Sat and Sun so I was bummed that we couldn't go anywhere for the weekend, but since I had Monday off we just made the best of our 1 day all together! Derek had a blast just him and Ethan on Sat and Sunday - they had a lot of fishing to talk about at the marina!

Monday I couldn't wait to be with Ethan after being away for two 12 hr days! Even though I'm tired, he just melts my heart with how sweet and happy he is when he wakes up. I sleep with the monitor on next to me b/c I'm afraid I can't hear with our fan on. It will be dead quiet, then all of the sudden "ma-ma, da-da, wah-wah, bye-bye, and his latest is uh-uh" and whatever sweet nothings he's trying to say. I just love it! He'll sit in there and talk for a 1/2hr if I let (yes, I know this from experience!) him - happy as a clam!

Anyway, I digress (as usual!). Ethan and I went for our usual walk and played outside after breakfast. Then we played with Daddy (once he decided to get up!) and had lunch. Then, Derek had a plan all put together to bring Ethan to Grandma Bonnies for his nap so Mommy and Daddy could enjoy an afternoon together! We took out mom and dad's dinghy and cruised Lake Mac for a few hrs catching some great sun and some much needed time together! We stopped at a friends boat after weaving through the marina for a while then decided to head up to the Yacht Club for dinner. Derek cooked these ENORMOUS steaks for everyone! I tried to talk him into sharing one with me, but he had to have his own! I hardly made a dent in mine, but oh-well, they were really good. Then we decided maybe Ethan should just spend the night at Grandma's since we were just having too much fun! She, of course, said she'd love to keep him! After dinner we caught up with Karen and Jen and the Bit! The next day....I actually slept until 9am!! I haven't been able to sleep-in in a LONG time! It was great. Derek and I were over-due for a date and I'm so glad we were able to hang out on what may have been our last dinghy ride of the year :(

1 comment:

Brandi said...

That little break every now and then is much NEEDED! Sounds like you guys had fun! And I am sure Ethan had fun with grandma! :)