Saturday, April 11, 2009

Enjoying the sun...

I couldn't wait get outside with Ethan today! He LOVES to be outside, I think he's got cabin fever like the rest of us! I wanted to do something fun for him, but I also wanted to check out Carter's big sale today. So, we compromised with a little a both. Unfortunately, Ethan wanted nothing to do with the shopping first and let it be known the ENTIRE time we were in the Carter's warehouse (which is at the other end of the outlet from their store)! Since we had to walk by the ducks and the "water" to get there, that's all he wanted to do! Fortunately, I brought my stroller so that I could keep him in the store, but he screamed the entire time we were in there! I was so embarrassed and normally I would have just left, but I was putting my foot down today! This was something I really wanted to check out, it was all parents in there anyway - if they haven't been through their own children throwing tantrums, they would someday! So, I just let him scream and went about my business, I could feel eyes on me the hole time though! I'm not a terrible mom am I? Well, I wasn't in there very long. I would have spent more time if I wasn't so "distracted" Once I got back to the front of the store, Ethan was happily chatting about the water. I was so mad, I could have just parked him in front of the window so that he could see the pond while I shopped real quick and he would have been fine!! UHH! Anyway, we had still had one more challenge, we had to go to the main store to pay for the goods, so we had to walk by the pond again! He didn't do much better while we were in line to pay, but at least it wasn't constant screaming, just occasional outbursts! I kept telling him we were going to see the ducks, we were going to see the ducks..... Finally, we were outside and down by the pond and he was so excited to see the ducks! I actually remembered to bring some bread too!! Unfortunately, so did every other parent there and the ducks weren't really interested in eating. There was bread all over the lawn that wasn't even eaten! Oh well, he had fun throwing the bread anyway!

Okay, so I must admit, I couldn't resist buying a few girly outfits - you know, just in case! Derek really doesn't want to find out the sex of the baby and there's no way I could keep a secret from him that long so, I guess you'll all have to wait till Sept too!! Even if this one is another boy, the seasons will be off so I'll need some more clothes either way! I can't believe we're almost half way already! My official US (ultrasound) is May 8 and I'll be 20wks! It's going so fast! Anyway, will post again soon! Happy Easter!

No comments: