Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I am so blessed!

So, today I'm just feeling down-right thankful! I'm not quite sure why today I've been "reflecting", but it's true - I love my life!

I had a wonderful birthday on the 5th with many wishes from friends and family, which always means so much! I spent the day with Ethan and then Derek and I met Mom & Rich, Karen, Matt & Lisa, and Stacey at Skiles - my FAVORITE pizza place! It was great! This past weekend Derek and I got to spend some much needed "us" time. Friday night was my work Holiday Party and New Holland Brewery, it was a really fun time! I'm so blessed to work with such amazing people! It really is like a big family! I love it! We then ended that night at Itty Bitty dancing! I haven't been dancing in really long time, so I had a blast...and Derek did too! Saturday was a lounge day and it felt great! Sunday was really busy. After Ethan had breakfast, we went on a family grocery trip! I like going with all of us, it makes it sort of fun! Just after we got home, I called into work and we were supposed to be in Grand Haven at 6pm to celebrate Dad Eade's and my birthdays! I didn't think I was going to make it, but we did, by the skin of our teeth! We had a really yummy dinner at Kirby's Grill Room. By the time we got home and put Ethan to bed, I had to go to bed too!

Monday Ethan woke up with some crazy hair, I tried to comb it down with water at least twice and kept going back so I left it, it was cute anyway, my little alfapha!!





Today, Ethan came with me to an inservice at work this am, he was soooo good! He's suddenly into baby Einstein videos and it's quickly become his latest obsession! So I brought a little dvd player with me and he sat on my lap eating his puffs and watching "ein-nine". A co-worker brought her horse of a dog to the inservice as well and Ethan loved her! Her head was like twice the size of Ethan's and she could have eaten Rocki and Daisi for lunch, but he was not afraif of her at all! It was really cute and she's a very sweet dog! Anyway, this afternoon, Ethan was playing trucks and daddy taught him how to make the "vroom vroom" noises, it's so cute!









Yes, Aunt Susie, that's the truck you sent him for Christmas! He loves that it talks to him! Thank you! You are so thoughtful and know just the right thing to send!


2 comments:

Brandi said...

I am glad that you had a good birthday! Sometimes it is refreshing I think to step back and just be thankful for all of the blessings that God has bestowed apon us! :) It is easy to loose track of the little things in day to day life!
The work party was SO much fun! I agree with it being like an extended family! I love our ED! Ethan is so cute! Funny hair! The 'vroom' sounds are priceless. I remember when both the boys did that! It is a milestone in every mothers (of a boy) heart. Hope you have a good weekend! See you next week!

Keri said...

Oh man, where do I even start? First and foremost, I want to say thank you for your kind words on Logan's blog. I take it to heart with much gratitude. I love sharing Logan's story and am happy to hear you are following in his journey.

As for your little man Ethan, what a charmer! He's absolutely adorable! The pictures of him playing with his trucks totally remind me of Levi. Amazing how one car toy can keep one boy so busy.

Lastly, happy belated birthday! Skiles pizza, huh? Never been there. Are they better than Fricano's? I guess so, if you call Skiles your fave, duh.

I'll be back to peek in on your blog. You have a new fan!