Friday, April 25, 2008

So Many Things...











I know I am probably the most boring blogger ever, but oh well - I really do try! This week has been super busy with Ethan! This is my long stretch off of work and what a terrible week of weather we've had to be off, huh?!! On Monday and Tuesday we went to Tunnel Park to play in the late mornings. Ethan LOVED the swing!! He was too little last year, so all this stuff is new to us! He just kicked his legs and giggled. Then I put him down in the sand and started pooring sand over his bare feet and onto his legs. At first, he just sat there as still as can be with hands in the air and wouldn't touch the sand. I was a little worried for a minute, but then he finally reached down and touched it and then it was all over! He was picking up handfulls and dumping on his lap, his head, me. It was really neat to watch him discover something new. Fortunately for us, we have a sandbox at our house....although it doesn't look much like a sand box anymore! It's been a little neglected and Derek needs to do a some repairs to it. I cleaned it out, but we are also in need of some fresh new sand!

Ethan also started pulling himself up to his feet now over the past couple weeks. It was just a couple times that I saw him do it before this week, but since he's been bare foot, he's been pulling himself up on EVERYTHING! I can't believe how quickly he got it! Yesterday, he even took a few steps along Grandma Bonnie's dresser and over to her chair and along our couch too! We're in big trouble I'm affraid! I caught him pulling himself up on my ladder shelves the other day too, I'm so glad I made Derek attach those to the walls! This morning he was throwing a bunch of his toys in the bathtub and then pulling himself up to look at them, then he points at them and says "eh, eh" until I take them all back out again. Well today, I guess I didn't pull them out fast enough for him and went to reach for them and took a header in the tub! I was right there too, and it was so fast that I couldn't catch him before he went in!! I think it scared both of us more then anything, but I just feel terrible when things like that happen! I think I need a helmet! Anyone know where I can get a small enough helmet?

1 comment:

Denise said...

Sounds like it won't be long before he's a walking machine!