Thursday, April 17, 2008

Germs

Well, since becoming a mom I have DEFINITELY become more aware of germs. I'm still no Marcy, but I'm definitely working on it! However, me and my infinite wisdom of being a mom for a whole year now, had to come to the conclusion that there's just so much you can do. My attitude adjusted since Ethan started crawling...I have 2 long-haired dogs remember! I have to vaccume almost every day to keep up with them and still I was constantly washing his hands after I saw dog hair or dirt on them, but now I just wash them before he eats and if I see them go in his mouth (if I see them is the key word). The reason I had to write about germs today is because I caught him LICKING the slider today!! You may wonder why I flipped out. Well, my dogs are Cocker Spaniels so their slobber is right at his level! He didn't pick a clean area to "lick" either, he of course was licking right where the dogs slobber and dirty paws have smudged the glass. Fortunatly, I had just cleaned it last week, but still....YUCK! After thinking about my little "window licker" (I hate to call him that!), I realized...he's a BOY and I'm sure he's going to put much worse things in his mouth, but hopefully I won't see it!

No comments: