Monday, April 7, 2008

Life is Good!

I just had to write down a few thoughts giving props to my wonderful husband. I was gone Wed, Thur and Fri at a trauma conference in Ann Arbor put together by the U of M Survival Flight team. I've been to this conference several times as it is VERY good. Unfortunately, the dates are usually right around Ethan's Birthday (so, obviously I couldn't go last year!), but this year they were after it so it worked out great! Anyway, I digress.... I set up child-care for Derek before I left, but he would have done just fine if I hadn't. Although, he had a bit of a rough night Wed night because Ethan was still sick, he got through it and all was well in the morning. When I got home Friday night, he had already fed Ethan and had dinner all planned out for us. Then, just my luck, I had to work on the 1st beautiful weekend of spring, which left Derek home for "Daddy Day-Care" again! He did not complain once this weekend, and each night after I got home from working my 12hr shift, he had Ethan bathed and had his jammies on and I got to just snuggle and play with him for a while before putting him to bed. And while I was putting him to bed, he made dinner, picked up the kitchen and living room AND did the dishes! He also did a ton of yard work this weekend while Ethan was napping! This may not sound like much....but he's come a LONG way from the "boy" I was once married too. I have really enjoyed watching him transition into being a dad. It has made me fall in love with him all over again. I am so thankful for him. He may not be perfect, but he's perfect for me. I LOVE OUR LIFE!

No comments: