Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Sweet Little Boy...

Ethan is really becoming a "Momma's Boy" lately. He really knows how to melt my heart too! Just recently, he started waking up early and crying for me. When I get in his room, he says "Ni-night Mommy bed", asking to come to bed with me. I've only brought him to bed with me like twice EVER and that's when he was really sick and I didn't know what else to do. He'd only stay with us until he'd fall asleep and then I'd put him back to bed, but that hasn't been for months!! So, I really have no idea where this is coming from! Part of me really thinks that he KNOWS his life is about to change and he's taking advantage of just being the "only one" right now, but can he sense that?? Am I just crazy for thinking he has some sixth sense? Probably! I think what it really is, is that he just misses me. The past couple times he's asked to come to bed with me has been after I've worked a few days. This morning, I was so excited NOT have to set my alarm and get to sleep in a little from when I have been getting up for work....so much for that! Ethan was up around 6am, I tried to get him to go back to sleep in his own bed, no go - he wanted "mommy's ni-night"! So, I brought him to bed with me, be he lays almost on top of me and fidgets for at least an hour before falling back to sleep! Oh, well. I do enjoy having him there, it's only a couple hrs and I need to remember that these times of just us lying in bed in the mornings are numbered! This morning when he woke up he sat up and said "all done ni-night mommy". Then "get-up, get up!". I was rubbing my belly a little b/c the baby was kicking and he was watching me. I asked him if he wanted to feel mommy's belly and maybe the baby would kick him. So, he started rubbing my belly and saying "hi-hi baby, hi-hi baby". IT WAS SOOOOOOOO SWEET!!!! I totally melted!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Awwww, Shelly that is so cute! Enjoy them (the days of just u 2)! You will still have them, but they will just be different! I know the anxiety your probably feeling....I felt the same way! It is hard- but u will see- it all works out and you DO have enough love (for both)!
Ethan will love his baby ????