Friday, October 12, 2012

  I may not have the newest house, or latest things.  I may have thought my house would be bigger and better by now.  I may have clutter in every corner (and dust as well).  I may not have the "things", I thought I would.  I may shop at thrift stores and garage sales, my "things" may not have a label.  But I have learned that the best "things" in life, are NOT things.  I had wonderful pregnancies and 2 healthy, beautiful children.  I was able to nurse them until they were both a year old, I was able to be 100% "theirs" for the first 3 months of their lives,  Their Grandparents have all been a huge part of their lives, going FAR above and beyond the call of duty.  Obviously believing in the philosophy "it takes a village to raise a child" and we couldn't be more grateful, nor would we be able to have this without them.  It has been truly amazing to watch Derek transform into the caring, had-working, fun-loving, gentle, thoughtful, inspiring man/husband/father that he is.  He has taken caring for his family to heart and because of that I am able to be a nurse part-time and be a mommy full-time.  Our kids are happy, healthy, loving, GOOD kids!

      These things I was thinking on the 1st day of volunteering in Ethan's classroom this week.  I was SO incredibly grateful for the opportunity to be involved.  I know I won't be able to make it to all the activities, go on all of the field-trips etc..., but as I sat there in the hallway, in a chair way to small for my rear, I couldn't help but think of all parents who would never know, what I know.  Who would never get to feel THIS!  The Lord has blessed us in more ways then we can imagine, and if we are never able to afford the bigger house in the newer neighborhood, that's just fine with me!!




No comments: