Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Well, I think I scared Derek this week. On Wed, I had my 37 wk check and I was dilated to a little more then 1cm "but not quite a 2" and about 50% effaced. Roughly the same as last week. But Thur, I had worked pretty hard around the house (I'm nesting something fierce and have this sense of urgency that just won't let me relax!), so I decided to lay down for just a little while. Derek, got Ethan up from his nap a while later and brought him in to me and Ethan just loves playing our bed, so I let him before I had to get up again. But as he was playing, I started having contractions and they felt MUCH more like contractions then Brackston Hick's I've been having. I looked at the clock and I had about 5 of them that were exactly 5 mins apart! I started getting excited and nervous and scared to death all at the same time! I called for Derek to take Ethan b/c he kept laying on me and it was making it a little more uncomfortable then they already were. The look on Derek's face said it all! But after those 4 or 5, they just stopped and I haven't had anything else since.

On Sat, Derek was up before all of us and he started getting the rest of the stuff out of the spare bedroom and down stairs. He had vacuumed and was putting the toddler bed together before Ethan was even done with breakfast! I'm really glad too, b/c I wanted to be home with Ethan a few days to ease him into his "Big Boy Bed". Ethan could not wait to climb in the bed once Derek had it put together. I didn't have sheets or anything on it and he was laying on the mattress! As soon as he got in there, he was calling it "Ethan's Big Boy bed" and then he was telling Daddy to get all of this "friends" out of his crib. His pillows, his puppies, his teddy bears etc.. Later that morning I got all of his bedding washed and thought now or never by nap time. He must have been so ready to get out of that crib, because he did just awesome! What I love is that (so far), when we're all done reading books and giving kisses etc and leave the room, he stays in his bed! He'll call out for stuff he wants, but he hasn't gotten up to get it himself or leave the room when he knows he can! We'll see how long this lasts, but what big boy!! Here's some pictures of his new room and bed!






Daddy's little helper!











So excited!!




















1st successful ni-night in the "Big Boy Bed"! (Ethan after his 1st nap)







He wants nothing to do with keeping "the blankies" on, so we're still wearing a sleep-sac for now!
I'm so excited and relieved with how well this transition has gone! I've been so worried about it! Mostly, that it wouldn't happen before the baby arrived and that he would feel like he got kicked out his bed by the baby! He absolutely LOVES being in his new room now, we have to wake him up from his naps and sometimes even then, he doesn't want to get up or much less leave the room! It's so cute! I can't believe how big he is! I know he's going to look even bigger to me when #2 arrives!
Sunday my mom had a cook-out and unfortunately, the pool was just a little too cold for swimming since the weather was so cool the past week or so! But we had a great time any way and Ethan splashed on the edge with Grandma and then played in his little pool so all was good! That evening Derek and I went to the Yacht Club for dinner and Ethan was a little charmer as usual!
Today, I was up around 5am (yes, on purpose) to get ready for a little marina fishing tournament! When we had a boat, we slipped it on A-dock and we still have a lot of great friends, most of them all fish, and we came up with having a Labor Day Fishing Tournament, this year being the 1st! Team Pier Addiction was a little short on crew since Mom and Dad Eade are on vacation and Cory had to work, so it was Derek, Brian, Sara, Heidi (Cory's wife) Me and Ethan! I got Ethan up around 5:30am. I rubbed his back and said "Ethan do want to go fishing with Mommy and Daddy?" He almost immediately sat up and said in his sleepy little voice, "Ethan go fishing, Ethan reel, reel, reel?" It was so sweet. He did not care how early it was at all! We got dressed real quick and Daddy was hounding us to get going!
I would have thought for "fun" tournament, maybe a 6am start time was a little early, but I wasn't there during the negotiations.... What a beautiful day! I've been a little apprehensive about fishing this late in my pregnancy b/c I have issues with sea-sickness usually and I can't take anything for it right now! I was totally unaffected today, which was wonderful! Ethan was such a trooper, except when I went to reel in a fish, then he wanted me to hold him, and well, I can't do both so he had a little melt down there. But, I landed the fish (a really nice Lake Trout) and that was the only one for me unfortunately, but I loved cheering everyone else on throughout the day! We ended up with 10 fish. This was the most fish you could weigh according to the rules so we thought we were sitting pretty since it was sort of struggle to get 10 today! Most of the boats we talked to didn't have that many. Unfortunately, a couple others did and we ended up 3rd b/c a lot of our fish were small! Oh well, it was GREAT day with family!! I only wish someone had grabbed a photo of me at 9mos pregnant reeling in a fish!!
Here's a couple pictures of Ethan and Daddy from today that I just thought were too precious. Ethan's really getting attached to Derek recently. He can't wait for Derek to get home and pretty much won't leave his side until he goes to bed! I knew these days were coming as I've been warned by my friends, but so far he still wants his Mommy too! I'm sort of glad that he's wanted to be with Derek more b/c I think that's really going to help when the baby's here and I can't be 2 places at once!





No comments: