Monday, February 9, 2009

Kisses

Here's Ethan playing "kissy face" with Elmo yesterday. It was just too cute not to share!

I must say that watching my husband evolve into a father has been one of the neatest, most rewarding things for me. I really think it's a "process" for guys, not this instant knowledge or "instinct" per say, as it is for women. I remember being so frustrated with him when Ethan was an infant, thinking "why don't you get it?!" But, in hindsite, he really didn't and this little, fragile, infant was terrifying to him! He is so good with Ethan now, he thinks of so many fun things for him to do and I'm always asking myself "why didn't I think of that?" and I love it! I can't wait to see the things they do together as Ethan gets older! Things other then fishing that is!!

Yesterday, he had Ethan helping him change batteries in one of his toys. Not only did Ethan hold the screwdriver right, but he fit in on the screw and twisted in the right direction....with almost no help! If there's any guys reading this....I know you're very impressed (as daddy was)! Now, Ethan was to "open" all of his toys so he can use the screw driver! Today he brought me at least 3 different toys and said "open, mommy, open". It took me a while to figure out what he wanted, I said 'what do you want mommy to open', and he turns over the toy and points to the battery compartment...I kid you not!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

too cute, Shelly! I have always found it funny how "boy things" like screwing things open and shut are just ingrained in those little boys! I am glad tha you are enjoying Derrick moving into that spot1 Tim did exactly that too aroung the same age as Ethan's! They just take longer! No offense, guys! LOL!