Thursday, July 10, 2008

4th of July

What an AWESOME weekend we had!! I can't remember the last time we had such a fun weekend - where the weather actually cooperated every day too! On the 4th, Daddy went fishing (shocker!) and Mommy and Ethan hung out in the morning. We went roller-blading, then took the dogs for a walk (that's my new exercise routine) and of course played in between snacks and lunch! Then Ethan went to Grandma Bonnie and Papa Denny's for the rest of the day and to spend the night. Derek and I were invited to go fishing on a friend's boat and then watch the fireworks. Their boat actually had a little engine trouble, so we didn't fish, but we had a great time anyway! We anchored the boat and a few other friend's rafted off of us and we all hung out until the fireworks! Here's some pictures of Ethan in his Patriotic attire! The Shirt under the bibs actually has a bunch of stars on it too!


So Silly! This is Ethan's favorite toy right now! He almost won't play with anything else!


Ethan with his prised possessions: the spinner and his puppy!


On Sat, Derek and I did some shopping in the morning, then he took me for a ride in his parent's Dinghy! It's was so relaxing, soaking up the sun cruising around the marina and Lake Mac, just my hubby and me. I loved it! Grandma Bonnie called when Ethan woke from his nap and we couldn't wait to go get him. It's amazing how much we miss him after just one day! On Sunday, we took Ethan for his first boat ride this year! Grandpa Denny has a 37' Sea Ray (which Derek fishes all of his tournaments on). Ethan was only about 4 months old last year, so we wanted to see how he would do. He loved it! Loved looking at the water, although I'm sure he really wanted to go in....he's such a little fish! He was even able to play with his spinner while we were cruising along!! He must have inherited those "sea legs" from Daddy, I sure don't have them!
Here he is on his tippy toes looking out at the water when we first got on the boat.





This is fun Mom! When do I go in!!




















Ethan up front with Grandma Bonnie and Papa Denny








Taking a snack break




I think he likes it!


Playing with Daddy

Ethan playing with his spinner as we were cruising pretty fast!










1 comment:

Denise said...

Looks like you guys had fun! No life jacket on baby E?!